Sleep medicine course
The 2-year Sleep School organized jointly by the Universities of Helsinki and Turku, in co-operation with Nordic experts, will provide overview and practical tools for phycisians, nurses, psychologists and researchers in the field of sleep medicine and sleep research.
The course combines high quality expertises in sleep research (Sleepwell research program at Helsinki University Medical Faculty) and clinical sleep medicine (Sleep and Breathing Centre at the Turku University Hospital). The teachers are internationally recognized experts on their respective fields, and experienced educatiors.The curriculum has been created and evaluated in reference with the recommendations of the EACCME.
Curriculum Spring Term 2023
Second year 2023
27. Sleep and sleep disorders in the elderly including neurodegerative diseases. Gabriele Sved
28. Comorbidity in different sleep disorders. Markku Partinen
29. Sleep and pain. Eija Kalso
30. Sleep and sleep disorders in women. Päivi Polo and Ulla Anttalainen
31. Sleep and dreaming. Katja Valli
32. Sleep and work. Paula Salo and Mikko Härmä
33. Sleep and the role of dentistry. Marie Marklund
34. Sleep disturbancies among prisoners and forensic psychiatric aspects of sleep. Hannu Lauerma
35. Fitness to drive and sleep disorders. Markku Partinen
36. Education of sleep medicine in Nordic countries. Tiina Paunio